Earth School topic 2-2011: Relationship problems
Earth School Interview Series – Replay of Topic February 2011
Relationship problems – the solution in your hands
Hi, Jena Griffiths here.
Recently I interviewed Richard Unger on the theme relationship problems and how your hands
reveal a unique solution. We looked at heart line types and the importance of knowing your type and the unique
challenges of each type. We also looked at how relationship gives us an opportunity to learn secrets of our core self
-and in so doing, unlock greater depths of soul satisfaction.
Purchase the replay of this class here
On this call you’ll learn about
- the four different heart line types
- how to work out your type and your partner’s type
- how this reveals your relationship style and needs
- how just figuring out your type can help you solve many relationship problems
- how your fingerprints help you understand why your partner behaves the way he/she does.
- how your soul psychology helps you see the dynamics behind painful behavior and what to do.
- how this helps you to love and support each other in conscious partnership
- and lot’s more
Even if you don’t personally have relationship problems right now, this call will help you understand and love each other at a deeper level.
Join us monthly for this fascinating Earth School series.
You can opt in or out whenever you wish.
To register for future calls with Richard for $37 per month
Each month you get:
- live participation. Type in your questions before and during the call.
- immediate access to the replay – download the recording after the call
- notes, images and prints specially prepared by Richard for the call
- hand prints discussed during the call.
- You also get Earth School Inner Circle membership with all the bonus resources
- and other information exclusive to members.
If you can’t make the call, no problem. There’s a link to download the replay.
Find out more about the previous calls
Feedback from others
“I learned so much! Thank you for making this available to us.” C.G
“Awesome. I wish these calls could be more frequent.” B. B.
“Completely generous in content and documentation.” K. P.
Looking forward to having you with us in this growing community.