If you have four or more parallel lines under your pinkie finger, running towards your pinkie (little finger), you are what is known as a “gifted healer”.
You can see that this looks like here. Also scroll to bottom of the post for a hand print example.)
Essentially, this is the mark of the personal growth consultant. It indicates psychological insight. How this is expressed depends on other factors in your personality.
If you have this marker it means you have the capacity to make a space for others to heal themselves. Like a catalyst, just your presence enables others to transform.
Perhaps you do this with touch, or energy work or simply by listening (being present) or by offering wisdom (when asked!). For example, someone with a very Earth hand and Earth heart line (non expressive) might take a friend fishing for the day. No word is said the whole day but at the end of the day, the friend turns and says, ‘Thank you so much. You really helped me today!’
“Somewhere we know that without silence words lose their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure.”
― Henri J.M. Nouwen, the wounded healer
So, perhaps you heal by helping another person become more grounded. You help to ‘Earth’ the other because you yourself are so earthed. Naturally, if you have a Fire hand and an expressive Water (big heart) heart line, you’ll be expressing this gift in a completely different way.
BTW, it’s not your task to fix or heal anyone. You are simply the facilitator of this process in others. As soon as we try to ‘fix’ anyone we do the opposite as we are judging the other person as un-whole. Rightly so, this causes disconnection and even distrust or anger.
How to hone your skills:
1. Fully acknowledge and accept yourself. The more you comfortable you are in your own skin, the more willing and able you are to accept others ‘warts and all’ (unconditionally). The less internal contradictions you have the less threatened you will be by other people’s experiences and behaviour.
2. Know what your own values are. If you know what is important to you, you become less dependent on others for praise and evaluation. You also become less likely to have your boundaries violated or to do the same to others (eg. trying to fix them). Helping others become conscious of their values is a powerful way to help them strengthen boundaries, heal and set meaningful goals. You can only do this if you have already made the journey
3. Become a master listener. This is the simplest (and in some ways also most difficult) way to live this gift marker. Becoming an interested listener is an art. Our minds race far faster than human speech and one needs to learn skills to keep one focused on what the other is really saying. Try to anticipate what they might be trying to say and then double check
if you were right or not. What is the hidden message behind what they are telling you? Is their body language, voice tone and speech congruent? Essentially what people need is to be heard, without feeling they are being judged. Paraphrase what they tell you asking, ‘if I hear you correctly, you said……’. Besides paraphrasing, try also to mirror the other person’s voice tone, vocabulary, speed of speech and body language. If you would like to develop counselling skills more fully, one way would be to study the techniques of Carl Rogers, the great humanistic psychologist of the 1980s. Most counselling courses these days are based on his ‘client-centred’ approach.’
(You can take a very inexpensive half-year on-line module in
‘person-centred’ counselling using these techniques through UNISA (University of South Africa online courses).)
Essentially, the skills are how to maintain continuous positive regard for another and still stay congruent with your own belief system.
4. Become more intimate with yourself. This is similar to points 1 and 3 above but refers more to your connection with source, the extra psychological insight that you have coming to you. Do you listen and act on inner guidance? Do you trust your intuition? Do you stay with your own truth irrespective of what others are saying?
5. Surrender. This is something most of us would rather avoid that own up to but it is central to being a gifted healer. Surrender has to do with aligning your will to the will of God/Source. Mostly we are terrified to lose control of our own lives because we fear lightening bolts, poverty, isolation and other impossible tests of faith related to previous experience.
What does this marker look like?
This is a series of parallel stripes below the pinkie (Mercury) finger
Earning your stripes
4 stripes means you are a gifted healer
6 stripes you need to make this gift central to your life, preferably your profession.
8 stripes or more – you are a healer of healers.
How do you know if you are using this gift enough?
How much is enough is very individual. Your most intimate relationship is your barometer. If you are experiencing blocked intimacy or partnership breakdown then perhaps it’s a sign that you need to rise up to your own possibilities and share your gift with the world.
You’re a healer and you don’t have these lines?
Don’t ever beat yourself up about what you do or don’t have in your hands. If you love someone deeply but you never write your beloved a love letter, does that mean there’s no love? Of course not.
Healing capacities show up in several different ways in your hands.
Here’s an example of ‘The gifted healer’ (also known as medical stigmata)
Join a class where Jena Griffiths interviews Richard Unger on the gifted healer for 1 and a half hours. Access in the gift marker series here.